If you enjoy what you read here you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May
Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

I Love The NHS - Did I Mention They Saved My Life

I Just had a visit from the NHS Cardio Rehabilitation team.
Joanne, a delightful lady with a great sense of humour and an uncanny resemblance to Lilly Allen sat in my lounge and, with the aid of a very cool little plastic model heart, illustrated and explained everything about what had happened to me and exactly which bit of my heart had been fat fault, how it had been repaired and what a stent is. For those that don't know it's a little piece of titanium that holds the artery open to its 'proper' diameter and it looks like a tiny fishnet stocking!
So - that's a bonus! - sexy on the inside now as well! - lol.

Joanne clearly explained the purpose, effect and any possible side effects of the medication's I'd been given on discharge from hospital, then went on to discuss suggested dietary requirements. She spoke about amount and type of exercise for correct recovery from attack in the initial recovery period of 4wks. As She took Bp and pulse, Joanne filled me in on the report she'd had from the hospital.
Turns out, after a heart attack which lasted somewhere in the region of 4 hours, my heart has survived with
NO residual Damage,
The Blood pressure of a teenager,
And a pulse rate of 44!!
Joanne spoke with us for a good hour and a half, in which both my, and my wife's, minds were put completely at rest, she left saying they'd be in touch in a few weeks, to organise a fitness assessment and monitored cardio rehab workout programme at a local gym.

I knew I was feeling stronger, since the attack than I had been for a good while, maybe three or more years (well no actually, it's only been a couple of days since I've felt like I've got the right batteries back in!), but I hadn't realised that my heart was now in a condition, which it hadn't been in since my 20's!
Woop, Woop, Woop, Yay me and my 20 year healthy eating plan!!!

20 years of wholemeal everything, porridge, no fat, grill never fry, white meat and fish and mountains of fruit and veg, not to mention omitting the extra biscuits, have paid off big style.
Don't misunderstand me, I'm not getting all up in myself and patting me on the back, I did smoke, no longer, and I have no doubt that without the massive support of the brilliant NHS, I'd have died last week, and today my Wife, children, family and friends, would have been reminiscing at my funeral, but My healthy eating plan and general fitness routine, all my adult life, has played a part in the lack of damage and my rapid recovery, so I thought it was worth mentioning - straight from the living proof (so to speak)

Listen to what they tell you about diet!

The NHS
If you don't have one,
GET one
It's like medicinal crowd surfing!

At the time of my greatest need, my kinsmen raised me aloft and transported me via numerous caring professionals back to health and the bosom of my very relieved family and friends.
You All have my HEART felt gratitude.


More on Health Care


This is one of the Too many questions

PEACE
Crispy

Please leave a comment - Anything will do
The best communications are often,
THREE WORDS OR LESS
OR ONE OR MORE FINGERS!


Share

If you enjoy what you read here
you will also enjoy my novel
21 days in May


Please be aware this blog may be considered Illegal almost anywhere!

Get TMQ on your Kindle

Copyright Crispy Sea

No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

All blog posts copyright http://atheist.diatribes.co.uk

TMQCrispySea 2009-2014